Iron/Sulfur BOSS Media
Katalox Light® is a new brand of revolutionary advanced filtration media completely developed in Germany. Its composition simply makes it outstanding against the contemporary filter media available in water treatment industries, like sand, BIRM, Greensand Plus, Manganese Greensand, etc. Katalox Light® is manufactured in Germany.
Katalox Light® is engineered with a unique MnO2 coating technique on ZEOSORB®, providing it lightweight, higher filtration surface, more service life, and more reliable performance (filtration down to 3µm) than any other existing granular filter media.
Katalox Light® is being used in numerous systems for residential, commercial, industrial, and municipal applications worldwide, for high-level filtration, color and odor removal, iron, manganese, hydrogen sulfide removal, efficient reduction of arsenic, zinc, copper, lead, radium, uranium and other radionuclides and heavy metals.
Katalox Light® is ANSI/NSF 61 certified for drinking water applications and has met the ANSI/NSF 372 Lead-free compliance.
High concentration coating of MnO2 on the Katalox Light® surface (10%) is the biggest advantage compared to any similar product available in the market. This makes the oxidation and co-precipitation of contaminants much more effective. For the removal of a very high concentration of a contaminant, it's recommended to use H2O2 as an oxidizer, which provides accelerated catalytic oxidation on the surface of the media. Conventional oxidizing agents like chlorine or potassium permanganate also could be used if required.
Katalox Light® can be used for arsenic, radium, and uranium removal but in these cases, there is a requirement of iron in the water. Katalox Light® system is designed with special iron dosing technology which has many advantages over adsorbent media used for heavy metal removal.
- High content MnO2 coating (10%)
- Very High Surface Area
- Contains NO Crystalline Silica
- Light Weight - providing significant savings on backwash water
- Higher Filtration rates
- Filtration of sand, sediment, and suspended solids, down to 3 micron
- High-efficiency removal capacity of Iron, Manganese, and Hydrogen sulfide
- Effective reduction of Arsenic, Zinc, Copper, Lead, Radium, Uranium, radionuclides, and other heavy metals
- Media replacement every 7 - 10 years v No disinfection by-product
- No mandatory KMnO4, chlorine, or chlorine dioxide dosing
- Low operational costs
- A unique product, unmatched by our competitors
|Tank Sizes||Katalox Light Volume (liters)||Volume||Free Board||Standard Flowrate (GPM)||Maximum Flowrate (GPM)||Backwash Flowrate (GPM)|